Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Chapter Four: It's a Revolution

Good morning from Greensboro.  Passport's theme this year is Revolution.  We started with the this verse: "Now is the time!  Here comes God's kingdom!  Change your hearts and lives, and trust this good news!" Mark 1:15  We have also discussed Jesus' entrance into Jerusalem riding on a donkey, and his flipping over the tables of the moneychangers in the temple.  Now we are asked to join Jesus' revolution by FLIPPING our perspective, FLIPPING the way we see things, FLIPPING how we think about and treat others, and ultimately FLIP our lives.

In my own life one FLIP has been pretty obvious.  What a pleasure it is to travel.  In my usual routine I get home from work exhausted.  There are weeds in my lawn, unfinished room painting projects and so much clutter.  Here I am aware of these things but there is nothing I can do about them, so it is almost like having no worries.  I can focus on the task at hand.  Faith, hope, love, the living God.  What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment